Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Haro Forkstanders

As part of my 1989 Haro Invert build, I wanted the Haro flip-up forkstanders that fit on my forks. This is what they should look like new:


The issue is; looking like new they go for about $200. So instead I ended up with this, thanks to a member on www.bmxmuseum.com You can see on the second picture the spring and ball had a blow out.



I had one of my friends machine new bodies out of Stainless Steel that are pressed onto the posts. This is how they turned out:



I sent the stand and pin to be re-chromed. I also found a guy in the UK that has the decals in stock. And I managed to find some push nuts @ www.zorotools.com.

7APR2014
I got my decals from www.del-cals.co.uk which are awesome!! Put them on as soon as I got them!


29APR2014
I got the standers back from www.chromemasters.com today. They look really good. 



When I ordered new push nuts, I ordered 20, but got 200, oh well...


So here they are all together. They look better in proper light. So now I have a set that is as good as new. Maybe slightly better...










No comments:

Post a Comment